I'm happy to announce first PreferencesKit preview I have been working on until recently (with some help from Yen-Ju). It is based on GSSytemPreferences initial code written by Uli Kusterer. Thanks Uli :-)
PreferencesKit is a framework which provides various features to build flexible Preferences-like window in any GNUstep or Cocoa applications.
- Generic plugin model/schema
- Plugins registry mechanism (with search paths) that can be specialized
- NSPreferencePane and Backbone PrefsModule support
- Possibility to choose between various presentations like toolbar or table view (where panes are listed)
- Possibility to extend PreferencesKit with new custom presentation
- Facility for Preferences-only applications development (just set up a main nib file, list plugins to load in a plist and link PreferencesKit to have an application ready to use)
- Cocoa compatibility (Xcode project bundled)
Here are PreferencesKitExample screenshots running on both GNUstep and Cocoa.
Most of PreferencesKit features are demonstrated in PreferencesKitExample, it is worth to take a look at it.